Advanced SEARCH  -  Comments  -  Local Directory  -  Sitemap  -  About Us  

 Front Page   -   Local News   -   Local Sport   -   Advertise   -   Contact Us  -  HG News to Your Email

 

News » Immigration

Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children putting huge strain on Kent Social Services

Contributed by editor on Jul 31, 2015 - 04:45 PM

 

KCC Leader Paul Carter, has met with the Home Office over the number of Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children entering the county which he says is putting an 'enormous strain' on the county's Social Services department.

 


Queues at Channel Tunnel and Kent Ports fail to materialise despite exit check fears

Contributed by editor on Apr 09, 2015 - 08:50 AM

Fears of long queues at Kent ports on the first day of new rigorous passport checks for travellers leaving Britain appear to have been unjustified.



Reports that Eurotunnel to check just one in five cars carrying British and EU citizens when exit controls start

Contributed by editor on Mar 24, 2015 - 07:05 AM

Eurotunnel is to check only one in five cars carrying British and EU citizens to avoid gridlock for travellers says a report in The Times



Investigation reports Dover spike in migrants taking advantage of Channel Tunnel traffic chaos

Contributed by editor on Jan 27, 2015 - 10:27 AM

An investigation carried out by International Business Times UK claims that traffic chaos at the Channel Tunnel, caused by last week's fire, saw a spike in the number of illegal migrants entering the UK through Dover.



Passport check for all Dover and Folkestone Channel passengers would 'shut the country down' claim

Contributed by editor on Oct 12, 2014 - 09:12 AM

The Sunday Express has today reported plans to guarantee a passport check for every passenger and claiming it would throw Britain into chaos after cross-Channel operators revealed the government scheme would cause traffic mayhem and 'essentially shut the country down'.



Home Office moves asylum seekers out of Folkestone seafront hotel

Contributed by editor on Oct 07, 2014 - 08:45 AM

The Home Office has announced that the remaining asylum seekers have now been transferred out of the Grand Burstin Hotel in Folkestone..



Not Ministers' fault says Home Office as contractors blamed over asylum seekers at Grand Burstin hotel in Folkestone

Contributed by editor on Sep 26, 2014 - 10:10 AM

Writing on his blog, Folkestone and Hythe MP Damian Collins is critical of the Hotel Grand Burstin being used to accommodate asylum seekers but a Home Office Minister has laid the blame on 'contractors' for the immigrants staying at the 550 room hotel.

 


« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »