Advanced SEARCH  -  Comments  -  Local Directory  -  Sitemap  -  About Us  

 Front Page   -   Local News   -   Local Sport   -   Advertise   -   Contact Us  -  HG News to Your Email

 

News » Hawkinge Civic Society

Hawkinge Civic Society meeting 19 September 2005

Contributed by admin on Sep 28, 2005 - 07:59 PM

 

HAWKINGE CIVIC SOCIETY MINUTES - MEETING 19 September 2005

MINUTES Action by
1. After some minor adjustments to two typing errors the minutes of the HCS held on 19 Sep 05 were passed.
2. a. The chairman outlined action taken on minute No 4 of HCS 1/05 and read the unsatisfactory reply which failed, or ignored, the purpose of the original request. A telephone request made by Debbie Cooper to the Shepway Planning Officer for letters to be sent to a wider area was told by Lucinda Green “that the minimum legal requirement had been observedâ€?  

b. In response to minute 6 of HCS 1/05 a meeting with the Planning Officer was again discussed and the Chairman agreed to invite a suitable officer to the next meeting.
Â
c. Minute 7 of HCS 1/05 will be discussed below in minute 14d.
Â
d. A nominal role of members is attached at Annex A as in the previous minutes

 

Mr Hall

Mr Barnes
Â

3. The meeting was notified that letters of objection should be sent individually to the Shepway Planning Officer, and a copy sent to the Hawkinge Parish Council. Mr Preston of 32 The Street volunteered to deliver them to the secretary of the Parish Council. It was further recommended to send a copy of individual objection letters to Mr Peter Rosevear of the Mid Kent Transport Team because of the traffic implications. His address is – Mr Peter Rosevear, Senior Engineer, Mid Kent Transport Team, Double Day House, St Michaels’s Close, AYLESFORD Kent ME30 7BU Mr Preston
4. A search should be carried out with the Land Registry to find out if any covenants or restrictions exist on Leeks Wood Mr Sellars
5. It was suggested by Councillor Punnet (Hawkinge Parish Council) that everyone attend the next Hawkinge Parish Council Meeting to represent the depth of strong feeling displayed by residents This is to be held on Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm in the Hawkinge Village Hall.
Â
All
Â
6. It was decided to widen the Hawkinge awareness base of the proposed development by distributing leaflets at various strategic points, coordinated by the Chairman and Gaile Flatman. The leaflet would be designed by the Chairman and reproduced by Gaile as a matter of urgency. Volunteers for distribution were: Sally Gilchrist, Caroline Robins, Janet Scripps, Debbie Cooper, Mr & Mrs Davies. Anyone else will be very welcome.
Â
Mr Hall
Mrs Flatman
Mesdames Gilchrist
Robins
Scripps
Cooper
Davies
Mr Davies
7. Mr Hutt requested permission to speak to the News Editor of the Folkestone Herald & The Adscene to give them a statement. Granted. A statement was prepared verbatim from the floor.
Â
Mr T Hutt
8. It was decided to invite local Shepway Councillors to attend the next meeting. Mr Pemble agreed to invite Mr Peter Smith (District Council) and Mr Sellars agreed to invite Mrs Susan Carey (County Council). Both are requested to liaise with the Chairman for the date & venue of the next HCS meeting.
Â
Mr Hall
Mr Pemble
Mr Sellars
Â
9. The Chairman was requested to contact the Community Tree Warden Mr Alan Rogers and make him aware of the gravity of the situation.
Â
Â
Mr Hall
10. Mr Hutt agreed to contact the Community Policeman and invite him to the next meeting. Mr Hutt to liaise with the Chairman for date & venue of next meeting.
Â
Mr Hall
Mr Hutt
Â
11. It was decided to initiate a suitable petition and forms were distributed. Forms should be returned to Debbie Cooper at The Fir Trees and the Chairman will forward them to the Planning Office.
Â
Mr Hall
Mrs Cooper
12. Mr Hugh Rawlings volunteered to accept printing duties within reason. Mr Rawlings
13. Lorna Lindsay Wilkes will be asked by her father, Mr John Williams, to contact Meridian TV for coverage. Mr Williams

14. Relevant objections for individual letters were summarised with bullet points for guidance as follows:

a. Traffic in Mill Lane.
b. Traffic in The Street.
c. Parking in Mill Lane & The Street.
d. TPO No 20/1988 on Leeks Wood Hawkinge.
e. Bat colony in the wood.
f. Rare bird habitat e.g. Tawny Owl, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Tree Creeper
g. Flora in wood e.g. Bluebells, Autumn flowering cyclamen etc
h. Intrusion into countryside.
i. Light pollution at night – due to security lights.

 j. Not in accordance with local development plan.
k. Adverse climate change due to loss of woodland.
Â

 

All
15. Members were requested to look on the Hawkinge Gazette website and for posters on the Hawkinge Village Hall notice board for details of any further meetings. All
16. There being no further business the meeting closed at 21.25 hrs.
AD BARNES
Secretary
HCS