News

Lights go out for Dover village residents after garage fire cuts electricity supply

Contributed by editor on Aug 12, 2018 - 10:20 AM

 


A number of residents living in Elvington near Dover had their electricity supply cut following a domestic garage blaze, reports Kent Fire and Rescue Service.



Crews were alerted to the fire, in the Adelaide Road area of Elvington, just after 6.30pm yesterday, 11 August. Firefighters used high-pressure hose reel jets to put out the blaze.

 

It caused damage to nearby fencing and overhead power cables, causing a loss of electricity to neighbouring properties.

 

UK Power Networks engineers were called to the scene.

There were no reports of any injuries and the cause of the fire is to be investigated say KFRS.

 

more news

© Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider


comments

Comments powered by Disqus.