News

Lucky escape for residents as bedroom mirror sparks blaze in Kingsdown Park Whitstable home

Contributed by editor on Jan 19, 2020 - 11:10 AM

 

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a bedroom fire in Kingsdown Park, Whitstable shortly after 1.00pm on Saturday 18 January.


Share this story...


Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames. No casualties were reported.

 

It's believed the fire was caused accidentally after sunlight reflected from a mirror onto curtains which caught alight. The flames then spread to the carpet.

 

Following the incident, crews are advising the public to ensure all mirrors and reflective objects such as crystal and glass ornaments, are kept out of direct sunlight, to reduce the risk of a fire.


more news [1]
¬©Hawkinge Gazette and Channel Coast News 2003 - 

2px black line divider

comments

Comments powered by Disqus

 
Links
  1. https://hawkingegazette.co.uk/index.php/News/view/Topic/NEWS/page/1/
  2. https://hawkingegazette.co.uk/https://hawkingegazette.co.uk/index.php/Printer/2020/1/19/lucky-escape-for-residents-as-bedroom-mirror-sparks-blaze-in-kingsdown-park-whitstable-home/